Table of Contents
Before we begin with the instructions, let’s take a quick minute to understand what a bootloader is and why/when you need to unlock your Phone’s bootloader. Understanding these things and how they work before you apply them to your OnePlus Phone is considered good practice.
What is a bootloader?
A bootloader is a road map of work that is the first thing that boots up in your Phone whenever you turn ON your Phone. It has authority over the devices to run the right programs smoothly and perform better. In addition, the bootloader is stored away from the get stretch of the user and is held at a hard-to-move memory so that the user cannot basket the records. However, there are methods and ways to safely unlock the Phone’s bootloader and come suddenly to light a thing generally done getting lost back to root your device. But, it would help if you went after a safe, sound, ready guide and followed the steps correctly to avoid any fixed damage to your Phone.
It has several advantages, and You can install anything generally done on ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc. You can also root your phones. Install a custom recovery like TWRP. It also has some disadvantages; after unlocking the bootloader, it notes that the goods are in good condition for your devices. You will no longer let in the officer OTA reports. You can brick your devices if you do not carefully follow the steps.
Also, check this Samsung One UI 2.5 Update List
- Charge your device
- Make sure you complete the backup first and then move to the actual process.
- Must Install USB Drivers
- Also, Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
Steps to unlock bootloader On OnePlus 8/8T/8T Pro
- Firstly, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking. To do so, head over to Settings and go to About Phone. Then tap on Build Number 7 times.
- You should get a message that you’re now a developer.
- Furthermore, Enable the USB Debugging toggle from the said screen itself.
- Next up, connect your device to your PC via a USB cable. At this stage, you might get a USB Debugging Authorization popup. Tap on Allow.
- Now head to the platform-tool folder and type in cmd in the address bar. This should open the Command Prompt. You could also use Powershell for this purpose. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select the Open PowerShell window here.
- Enter the below command in the command prompt. This will boot the device to fast boot mode.
- Finally, enter the code below to unlock your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro bootloader.
- You should see a confirmation message on your device when you execute the above command. Use the Volume keys to select Unlock the Bootloader option, then hit the power key to confirm the decision.
- Now the bootloader will be unlocked within a few seconds. Once it does, your device will boot to fastboot mode. To reboot it to the Android OS, use the below code:
- That’s it. The process has been completed successfully. Do note that the first boot might take some time. It is entirely normal. When your device boots up, you must set it up using your Google Account.