If you are a Realme 5 and Realme 5 pro user, then you know that both phones come with locked bootloaders, and you need to unlock them for your desires. To understand the easy steps to unlock the bootloader, you are in the right place, and we will tell you every step about how to unlock the bootloader on your Realme devices.
The Realme 5 and 5 Pro were launched in August 2019.to go further, first, we understand some essential points about bootloaders.
Table of Contents
What is a bootloader?
A bootloader is a road map of work that is the first thing that boots up in your phone whenever you turn ON your phone. It has authority over the devices to run the right programs smoothly and perform better. In addition, the bootloader is stored away from the get stretch of the user and is held at a hard-to-move memory so that the user cannot basket the records. However, there are methods and ways to safely unlock the phone’s bootloader and come suddenly to light a thing generally done getting lost back to root your device. But, it would help if you went after a safe, sound, ready guide and followed the steps correctly to avoid any fixed damage to your phone.
It has several advantages, and You can install anything generally done on ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc. You can also root your phones. Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
It also has some disadvantages; after unlocking the bootloader, it notes that the goods are in good condition for your devices. You will no longer let in the officer OTA reports. You can brick your devices if you do not carefully follow the steps.
Also, check this Install ViPER4Android on Android
- Realme 5/ Realme 5 Pro with 60%+ battery
- USB Cable
- A Windows PC / MacBook
Steps to unlock the bootloader on Realme 5 and Realme 5 pro
- Ensure that you have backed up all your internal memory data securely before heading on with the unlock procedure.
- You need to check that you have the system’s latest and official version running on your device.
- Download the “Unlock Tool APK” from the download section above and install it on your smartphone. (Make sure that you choose the compatible unlock tool for your actual device)
- Now, open the unlock tool and click on “Start applying. “
- You will be presented with a disclaimer. It is advised that you read the disclaimer in detail.
- Once you are done with it, select the checkbox and submit your application.
- After this, the Realme servers will check the application, and within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool will show you the status of your request. Once you are through with the open request, tap “Start the in-depth test.”
- It will reboot your device automatically.
- You will be shown the following string on your device’s screen:
- fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Now download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section on your PC.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Enter the following command:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type in:
- fastboot flashing unlock
- You will be displayed on a screen like the one below. It would be best to press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock. ” You can go back by pressing the Volume Down key if you change your mind about unlocking the bootloader.
- Once you press the Volume Up button, you will be presented with a new interface.
- Now, enter the below command:
- fastboot reboot
- This will automatically reboot your smartphone and will enter the in-depth test mode.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Realme 5 and Realme 5 pro smartphones.
Remember that after unlocking the bootloader, Widevine L1 will be replaced by Widevine L3.